PayByPlateMA is an electronic toll payment system used to pay tolls in Massachusetts, United States. It is a very unique concept developed for helping people stay away from car accidents, traffic delays, etc. By using Pay By Plate MA toll payment method to pay the toll tickets, you can save your precious time, fuel and avoid various issues on road.
In this article, we are going to provide everything related to PBPMA starting from account creation to answering most of the frequently asked questions.
What Is Pay By Plate MA?
Including other states in the USA, Massachusetts have tolls and government approved tolling systems. People can register an account with any of the approved tolling systems to receive their transponders.
Those transponders should be attached to the back of the rare view mirror of your car or van. Whenever you use the toll roads and go through toll gates, the transponder attached to your vehicle will be scanned by the scanners at the tool booths.
Appropriate toll fee will be deducted from your account. E-ZPass is one such widely used tolling system by people of MA, NJ and couple of other states.
But there are some roads, turnpikes, bridges in Massachusetts where toll gates are not available. On such places, they have developed a completely electronic tolling system. Where a bunch of cameras will be placed on the top of the road to scan the number plate of the vehicles.
Whenever you use any such roads or turnpikes, your vehicle’s number plate will be scanned by the cameras. Toll bill will be sent to the registered mailing address of the vehicle owner.
Once vehicle owner receives the toll bill, he/she has to pay the toll bill online or by check. This entire system is known as Pay By Plate MA and it is also called as Toll By Plate MA.
PayByPlateMA Is For Whom?
Anyone who lives in Massachusetts can use when they uses turnpikes and bridges where traditional tolling system is not available.
People from other states who drives to Massachusetts turnpikes can also use paybyplatema tolling system.
No matter whether you have an e-zpass account or not, you will have to pay the pay by plate ma bills when you have used massDOTS roads.
It is not necessary everywhere except the roads, turnpikes, bridges registered under Massachusetts Department Of Transportation.
How To Register PayByPlateMA Account Online?
You have the opportunity to pay online with a registered account. Let’s follow the instructions shared below.
- Go to www.ezdrivema.com/paybyplatemareglogin using any web browser on your phone or pc.
- Go to the first option as mentioned in the image above.
- Tap First time logging in? option as a next step.
- Enter your account number, PIN, Username and Password. Confirm the Password and hit “Process”.
That’s it! your account with pay by plate ma tolling system will be created. This will help you keep track of all your pay by plate Massachusetts toll bills and payments.
Pay By Plate MA Login Instructions
If you have already created an account, you can now log into the portal to view the invoices and toll payments.
- Open www.paybyplatema.com on your personal computer or smartphone.
- Tap the first option as shown in the image below.
- Choose type of login from the drop down menu. You can pick anything from the available options as follows: Username, Account Number, Email ID on File.
- Enter the username or email id or account number that you have selected as an option for logging in.
- Type in the password and hit “Login” button to log into paybyplatema portal.
How To Open PayByPlateMA Prepaid Account?
Prepaid account is a good option for people living in Massachusetts. With a prepaid account, you can recharge your account with your credit card and toll bill will get deducted from the prepaid account.
- Open www.paybyplatema.com with the help of active internet connection.
- Hit the second option as highlighted in the image below.
- Now you will see a list of prerequisites for the prepaid account creation. Kindly make sure that you are ready with License Plate Number, Vehicle Brand, Model, Year Of Manufacture and Payment information. You can use any credit card or debit card for the automatic replenishments to prepaid account.
- Hit “Next” button to go forward to the prepaid account creation.
- A page with terms and conditions will be opened up. Go through each point and understand what it means. Once you read the information present on that page, scroll it down and check mark the I agree the terms and conditions.
- Click “Next” button to finish the step 1.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the account contacts. You can add multiple contacts but the first one that you add here will be considered as the primary contact that belongs to the prepaid account.
- You will have to enter the contact details of the person such as name, email, phone number, mailing address and account login information. Hit “Next” button to move on to the third step.
- By following the on-screen instructions, you will be able to finish the pay by plate ma prepaid account creation.
Don’t forget to comment below if you have any issues with the prepaid account creation. We will try to help you with the error that is not allowing you to register the prepaid account.
How To Open PayByPlateMA Postpaid Account?
Postpaid account can be created by both visitors of other states and residents of Massachusetts. Following are the instructions to create a prepaid account for your convenience.
- Open MA Pay By Plate Official Website on your device.
- You can go to the following URL: paybyplatema.com
- Choose the option as shown in the image below.
- Be read with all necessary details in hand and hit “Next” button to start the postpaid account registration.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions in the first step to go through remaining 5 steps.
- Following the on-screen instructions will help you get the postpaid account in under 10 minutes of your time.
How To Pay A Pay By Plate MA Invoice Online?
By following the below steps, you can pay the pay by plate mass dot bill online.
- Go to www.ezdrivema.com/paybyplatemalogin page directly on your device. You can copy the URL and paste it in the browser’s URL section and hit enter.
- Let the page get loaded completely and you will see something like below.
- Fill in all the fields one by one without missing.
- Enter paybyplate ma invoice number. You can find the invoice number on the envelop that you have received from MassDOT on your mailing address.
- If you are not the owner of the vehicle, contact the person who owns that particular vehicle for the invoice number.
- Enter the license plate number of the vehicle.
- Choose the state code from the drop down menu available besides License Plate State option.
- Hit “Login” button to log into pay by plate ma online account.
All your previous transactions along with the pending toll payments associated with the license plate number will be listed down.
Choose the pending bills and make payment online conveniently. Don’t worry about making payments online, this is the official portal and end to end encrypted.
How To Pay a PayByPlateMA Invoice By Check [Offline Method]?
If you are not a technical personal or you don’t like to pay the bills online, you can pay by check.
- Take a blank check from your check book and fill in the details such as payee name, bill amount and signature.
- You can mail a check to to the following mailing address
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- EZDriveMA Payment Processing Center
- P.O. Box 847840
- Boston, Massachusetts (MA) 02284-7840
- Do not forget that you cannot send cash through this method.
If you want to pay the pbp ma invoice with cash, you can visit any nearest customer care center. There you can pay through cash, credit card or debit card.
Pay By Plate MA Customer Care Service Centers For Cash Payments
There are nearly 6+ service centers are available in the state of MA. But few of them are not accepting payments or other enquiries since they are temporarily closed.
There is one more very important thing you have to keep in mind before going to any of the below mentioned service centers.
You will have to take an appointment from one of the customer care service centers. The wait time will be about 14 days. It means that you need to take an appointment before 14 days of the due date for toll bill payments.
- Auburn Customer Care Service Center – Book Appointment
- Google Maps Location – View In Maps
- East Boston Customer Care Service Center – Book Appointment
- Google Maps Location – View In Maps
- Lee Customer Care Service Center – Book Appointment
- Google Maps Location – View In Maps
We haven’t shared the details of the service centers that are currently not operating. If you want to know the locations, you may visit the official website to get the details.
Download Pay By Plate MA Forms and Applications
If you are not a technical person and don’t know how to create registered user account online, you can apply for the account offline. For most of the other works as well, you need some kind of application forms.
Fr example, you want to update the payment method, download the form and fill in the details. In this way, you can download forms for hearing, account close, reassignment, etc.
|Pay By Plate MA Forms||Download Links|
|Account Update Form||Download|
|Payment Option Change Form||Download|
|Close Account Form||Download|
|MassDOT Appeal Form||Download|
|PBP Hearing Form||Download|
|Lease Renter Reassignment Form||Download|
|Pay By Plate Account Registration Form Offline||Download|
You can download any of the forms shared above. Fill in all required details and mail them to the following address and you will be contacted back very soon.
Pay By Plate MA Customer Service Details & Live Chat
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the pbp ma or toll payments, you may contact the support team.
- Customer Care Phone Number – (877) 627-7745
- Support Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
- EZDriveMA Customer Service Center
- 27 Midstate Drive
- Auburn, Massachusetts (MA)
- Fax: (508) 786-5222
- Live Chat Support – Contact Live Support Here
Or you can simply visit any of the customer service centers mentioned above. But don’t forget to book appointment before 14 days. If you take appointment today, you will get the chance to visit after 14 days.
You cannot directly visit the location to get their service as they won’t allow anybody without appointment.
Online bill payments are free expect the billing amounts. But there are various charges if you want to use the mailing service. Check out detailed information about fee charges here.
- www.ezpassnj.com – How To Get E-ZPass In New Jersey
- www.njmcdirect.com – New Jersey Traffic Ticket Payment
- www.mytxcar.org – Texas Vehicle Inspection History
- www.njuifile.com – New Jersey Unemployment Insurance
- www.myfordbenefits.com – Ford Employee Login
- www.fmcdealer.com – Ford Dealer Connection Login
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Is PayByPlateMA Not Available?
www.paybyplatema.com is the old url of the tolling portal for Massachusetts. The portal is now merged into www.ezdrivema.com with a new url www.ezdrivema.com/paybyplatema.
2. What Are Un-Invoiced Toll Charges on PayByPlateMA?
There are no hidden charges except the toll charges and mailing charges. For more detailed information, you can check out the free schedule section on our website.
3. Which States Accept MA Pay By Plate Payment?
This tolling payment method is only accepted in Massachusetts. It is not accepted in the other states in any manner and you will have the option to use E-ZPass or any other tolling services.
4. What Happens If I Don’t Pay Toll In Massachusetts?
When you don’t pay toll payments, the vehicle’s owner license will be kept on hold for renewal. He or She cannot renew their license and has to through a tough time facing legal issues in MA.
5. How Can I Pay By Plate Without Invoice In MA?
Nothing to worry, you can enter the number plate details to get the details related to the invoice online.
6. Why Did I Get Billed Pay By Plate MA When I Have E-ZPass?
E-ZPass payments will be deducted at toll stations and pbp ma payments will not be billed there. Those bills will be sent to the owner of the vehicle via mail when they have used MassDOT toll roads in MA.
7. What If I Pass The Due Date Of Pay By Plate MA?
You will have 30 days due period for making payments to pbp ma in general. They will charge you additional $1 for each extra month and there will be additional reminder mailing service charges as well.
PayByPlateMA is all in all electronic toll payment system available only in Massachusetts. It cannot be accepted by the other states as it is limited to MassDOT toll roads in MA. We have shared complete information that you need to know about pay by plate ma invoice payments and covered pretty much everything in this article. You can leave your comments below if you have any doubts or questions.