If you have been charged for no reason and wants to fight for the same in New Jersey Court, this guide will help you for sure. It happens to many people everyday and you may Plead Not Guilty at NJMCDirect and fight legally to save yourself from unnecessary fines and issues.
So, if you have a got a parking ticket or traffic fine in New Jersey, you may either pay the ticket at www.njmcdirect.com or you can Plead Not Guilty for NJ Traffic Violation. We have discussed the later one in detail for you, in this article.
This method is actually not suggested for people who really committed the violation, we recommend you to make fine payments genuinely.
For people, those who have been repeatedly charged even they haven’t committed violation, they can plead not guilty in nj. But it is recommended to consider few things before pleading not guilty.
Possible Reasons Could Be…
- You might have sold your vehicle to somebody else and they might have committed traffic violation in NJ. So, always check with the vehicle registration if the vehicle’s license plate number is still on your name.
- Go to this page and enter the vehicle plate number to cross check ownership of the vehicle.
- In some cases, any one of your family members or friends might have taken it to that scenario.
- Possible technical errors but there are a very less number of chances.
- Check with your vehicle’s insurance policy details such as expiration date.
- Make sure that you are not driving a vehicle without valid insurance policy.
- Check with your driving license, renew it if expired without your notice. You may follow the step by step instructions we have written to Renew NJ License.
- You may not remember what happened exactly.
Every time you commit traffic violation in NJ, you will be charged certain number of points depending up on the type of offense.
Pro Tip: If you have already got some points on your Driving License and wants to avoid further points and save cancellation of your DL, you may plead not guilty at nj courts.
How To Defend Traffic Offenses In New Jersey? – Plead Not Guilty
If you are pretty confident about the traffic ticket that you have got, you can proceed to plead. There are certain methods available for you to plead in the court. They are as follows,
1. Call The Court
The very first thing is nothing but calling your local court from your phone. Make sure to call the court before the court date which can be found at the bottom of the traffic ticket.
Tell the court administrator that you are pleading not guilty to nj traffic ticket. Provide the traffic ticket number to the administrator. Also, get complete information about the court date for attending.
2. Write A Letter To Court Administrator
Write a short letter to the court administrator stating that you are pleading not guilty. Don’t forgot to mention your ticket number in that letter. You can find the ticket number at the top left corner of the traffic or parking or speeding ticket.
Mention everything that you want to convey to the court administrator why you are pleading not guilty to nj speeding ticket.
3. Write A Letter To The Prosecutor
It should be an exact replica of the letter that you wrote to the court administrator. Don’t forget to change the recipient name and address in this letter.
4. Request To Reduce The Fine Amount With Prosecutor
In order to request the prosecutor about the fee amount, you should appear in the court. In general, if you have got a simple traffic ticket, you can speak to the prosecutor and plea bargain.
5. Hire A Lawyer
If you don’t find a solution from all the methods mentioned above, hire a lawyer. I don’t think you need a lawyer for a simple traffic ticket. Go for a lawyer when you have a serious offense because hiring a lawyer is an expensive task now a days.
Let’s check out the differences between a simple traffic ticket and what is not.
Difference Between Simple Traffic Ticket & Serious Offense
|Simple Traffic Ticket||Serious Traffic Ticket|
|Passing a school bus||Drunk and drive|
|Failure to yield or stop||Driving with a suspended license|
|Failure to maintain lanes||Driving with a revoked license|
|Improper passing||Driving with an expired license|
|Failed to keep right||Refusing breath test|
|Improper U-turn||Driving with expired vehicle insurance|
|Driving in no-passing zone||Driving a vehicle without insurance|
|Failure to yield to an ambulance or emergency vehicle||Reckless driving on roads|
|Following very closely||Driving while talking on a cell phone|
|Careless driving||Escaping from the scene of an accident|
|Failed signal turning||Driving 15 mph or more above the speed limit|
|Speeding over the limit||Driving under influence (DUI)|
|Improper backing||Driving while intoxicated (DWI)|
NJMCDirect Plead Not Guilty | Complete Details
Fighting your ticket in the court will decide whether you are guilty for the nj traffic violation or not. Decision could be anything depending upon various factors and you won’t have control on the decision at all.
You may feel happy if the court’s decision is in favor with you. Otherwise, you must pay for the violation at NJMCDirect Web Portal or at court.
Failing to pay traffic fines even after you plead guilty for the nj traffic violation leads to serious consequences. You may find complete details about NJSurcharge to know more about the charges and fines for non payment of traffic ticket in New Jersey.
- Always check your traffic ticket and understand why you have got the ticket.
- Do not try to escape from appearing in the court before the due date. Else, you may have to go through serious problems imposed by NJ Court.
- You may call the NJ Court Clerk if you have any doubts regarding your traffic ticket but make sure to reach them in the working hours only.
- Try to talk to the prosecutor and see if there is any chances of slashing down the points imposed on your ticket from the original points you have been actually charged.
- Hiring a lawyer is actually a great idea if you are not sure how to plead not guilty at nj court.
You can find the complete details here in pdf issued by the NJ Government itself. Otherwise, you may leave your comments below for further help and get your doubts cleared as soon as possible.
- Pay By Plate MA Login
- MyTXCar Vehicle Inspection History
- MyFordBenefits Login
- EZ Pass NJ Login
- FMC Dealer Login
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I plead not guilty to a ticket in NJ?
You need to contact the court and say that you are pleading “not guilty”. Note down the appearance date on your nj ticket and don’t skip attending in the court for pleading not guilty for your nj traffic ticket.
2. Can a judge dismiss a ticket?
There are chances that the judge will dismiss the citation when you appear with your ticket in court and the officer is a no show. Meaning that you won the ticket and you don’t have to pay any fines for that instance. It may not happen all the time, so drive carefully.
3. Is it worth fighting a speeding ticket in NJ?
Hire a lawyer and try your luck but there is no guarantee in most of the cases. But you may expect the negotiation for a smaller violation from lawyer.
But wait and think before fighting for the careless driving or other violations. Try to avoid careless driving next time if you really did that. It saves many lives and yours could also be saved by somebody else.
You can always plead not guilty to a parking ticket or other offense in New Jersey Courts. We have shared complete information about how to plead not guilty in NJ courts in this article. Make sure to follow all the instructions shared above before you take decision to appeal. Comment below if you have any doubts or looking for a help.