NJMCDirect is the official portal owned by New Jersey Government using which, people can pay their parking tickets and traffic fines online. People of NJ will be able to access, view and pay nj traffic ticket online and also pay Municipal Complaint Time Payment Orders which is recently introduced.
There are many instances in our daily life that we miss traffic rules because of the urgency in a schedule or you are a little hurry to go home. Either urgency or emergency may influence you commit traffic violation but that is strictly not allowed in New Jersey. Whenever violation happens, you need to pay the fines assessed by the nj courts at www.njmcdirect.com portal.
Fines from NJ courts might be imposed on you for various reasons such as,
- Over Speeding [Check out everything you need to know about over speeding ticket]
- Vehicle Parking Violation
- Driving a vehicle with expired vehicle insurance
- Violation Of NJ Traffic Rules
- Driving a vehicle with no license or suspended license and expired license [Check out how to restore a suspended license]
- Driving in the streets or roads/routes where 4 wheeler is not allowed to ride
It’s definitely not easy to pay your traffic ticket (offline) because you need to stand for a long time in a court queue where you have to compromise your valuable time. In such cases, njmcdirect.com is the one and only time saving solution we all have.
What Is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is a portal especially designed for people in New Jersey to pay their traffic bills and parking fines online easily. If you have a traffic ticket, you can pay your bills online at www.njmcdirect.com conveniently and you don’t have to go miles and stand for hours to pay your ticket.
If you have already faced a situation of standing in a big line in front of a court in New Jersey to pay your traffic ticket, you can understand the pain. You need to put up your time and schedules if you choose to pay traffic ticket at court.
By using njmc direct portal, you don’t need to go to courts and stand in the queues for a long time. When it comes to njmcdirect payment method, you can easily login to the portal with your license plate number and choose the bill type between “Traffic Ticket” or “Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order)”.
Don’t worry, we will provide you the complete details about njmcdirect ticket payment in the next section.
NJMCDirect Portal has certain requirements in order to be able to, allow you to pay your traffic bills, fines and stuff like that. We have provided a checklist that you can check right away to make sure everything is up and working perfect with your online njmc direct traffic bill payment.
- NJ Ticket Prefix Code
- Court ID/Name
- Ticket Number
- License Plate Number
- Credit Card or Debit Card
- American Express Credit Card
- Any Mastercard which is not expired
- Any Visa Credit Card which is not expired
- Mobile Phone or a Laptop
- An Active Internet Connection
See, most of the requirements mentioned above are common except first 4 in the list. All those details can be found on Traffic Ticket which is supposed to be imposed on the person who violated the rules.
If you have a NJ Traffic Ticket with you right now, you can find all the details such as NJ Ticket Number, Court ID/Name and Prefix Code, etc.
Please note that you need to make payment before the due date to avoid extra handling charges in the form of fines.
Important Note: You will be able to make payments only after 4 days of the bill generation date and time.
- Plead Not Guilty to NJ Traffic Violation [Detailed Guide]
- How To Get NJ E-ZPass Online [Login, Account Creation]
- Check Vehicle Inspection History at www.mytxcar.org
How To Pay NJ Ticket Online at NJMCDirect Web Portal
We have provided the step by step instructions which will help you pay your traffic ticket bill online.
1. Go to www.njmcdirect.com on your phone or a desktop manually by using any web browser.
2. Select “Traffic Ticket” option as a next step which is very important.
3. Enter the details such as Court ID/Name, Prefix, Ticket Number, License Plate Number from the njmc direct ticket bill copy that you currently have.
4. You can find all those details from the ticket as shown above.
4. Tap “Search” after entering all necessary information as mentioned above to find out your bill.
5. Now you will be navigated to the njmcdirect payment page where you can use your debit card, credit card or any other online payment method such as UPI or Online Banking or PayPal to make the payment.
Your license may get suspended if you fail to make payments to the fines on time. You can read this guide to Restore Suspended NJ License where we have also discussed the the tips for license renewal process.
How To Pay Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order) at NJMCDirect Portal?
Update: From May 4th, 2020, NJMCdirect is accepting payments on Municipal Complaint Time Payment Orders for Essex County Municipal Courts. This will be further expanded to all municipal courts within the coming weeks to may the payments simple and easy.
Latest Update: NJMC Direct Portal has started supporting payments on all municipal matters and complaints from 07/31/2020.
If you are paying your bill online at NJMCDirect Official Website, there will be an additional 3% fee for the service. I guess this is a much better option rather than standing in long queues wasting valuable time.
Check out the detailed information about the additional charges for using the njmc portal for payment.
1. Choose Municipal Complaint (Time Payment Order) as a first step if you are about to pay your municipal compliant bill.
2. Enter the details such as Court ID/Name, Prefix, Year, Number and choose “Additional Search Criteria” and hit “Search”.
3. Once the payment is done, you are good to go. You can see the time payment order sample below.
This way, you can pay your traffic bills and other fines such as parking, etc before the due date. Otherwise, there may a consequential orders from the court.
How To Pay NJ Surcharge Online?
Have you ever received a surcharge ticket but don’t know why you got it? then you must know what’s the reason and how you can actually pay the surcharge.
Surcharge is different from the traffic ticket and penalty since you will be surcharged if you get more than 6 points in 3 years. Different types of violations that may get you a surcharge ticket are listed below, have a look at them.
- Driving a seized vehicle
- Drunk & Driving
- Driving a vehicle with no insurance (or) expired insurance
- Driving a vehicle with suspended license or no license at all
So, if you have been surcharged for any of the above reasons, you may go to the official njsvs portal to pay your surcharge ticket. Check out how to pay njsurcharge using your driver license number of any of them options mentioned below.
- Surcharge Number
- Judgement Number
- Installment Payment Plan Number
- Notice Number
- Drivers License Number
You may use any of the details mentioned above in combination with your Date Of Birth to pay your surcharge ticket.
How To Search NJ Traffic Ticket & Municipal Complaint
If you can’t find nj ticket, you may consider checking the simple video tour shared below to find out your traffic ticket or municipal time payment order details.
Requirements to search for the parking ticket or time payment order:
- The license plate number
- Court ID/Name
- Complaint Number
- Last Name/Business Name
- Defendant Zip Code
NJ Traffic Ticket Convenience Fee Details
NJ Ticket Payment convenience is completely different from the service handling charges which is 3% of your billing amount. Convenience free is directly related with the bill amount and varies from low to high which you can check below.
So, if your fine amount is $50 for example, you need to pay a convenience fee of $2 along with handling charges of 3% of your billing amount which is equals to $1.5.
At the end, you will be charged $50+$2+$1.5 = $53.5 from your card.
NJMC Payment Hours
We all know the fact that most of the online payment systems and services available 24/7. But NJMCDirect Payment Hours is completely different which is only available in particular timings in a week and same will be repeated for the entire year.
So, it’s easy to provide support all the people who are looking for some help before or while making the payment. Kindly, check out the dates and timings shared below.
|Monday - Thursday||4:30AM - 11:15PM (EST)|
|Friday||4:30AM - 10:15PM (EST)|
|Saturday||4:30AM - 3:15PM (EST)|
|Sunday||1:00PM - 11:15PM (EST)|
NJ Customer Service Details
If you have any queries, you can directly contact NJMCDirect by using the contact details shared below.
Phone Number: (973) 284 4945
Tel Ph: 609-292-9580
Fax: (973) 284 4914
Office Address: NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chestnut Street, New Jersey, United States of America.
NJMC Direct Hours Of Operation: Monday to Friday (8 AM to 4 PM).
Benefits Of Using NJMCDirect Portal
1. Time Saving: Manual method of nj traffic ticket payment method will consume a lot of your valuable time for collecting bill at court and standing in a long queue for nj ticket payment, etc.
2. User-Friendly: The official website njmcdirect.com is a well designed portal which loads super fast on mobile devices and laptops as well. There is nothing much understand, just open the portal page, fill out the details and start making payment, that’s it.
3. Updates: Every single update regarding the ticket payment is mentioned on the homepage itself. So that you don’t need to worry about anything such as working hours, support, Time payment order details, etc.
4. Secure: It’s a safe and secure online payment portal for traffic bill payment. You don’t need to worry about your personal details such as Name, Credit Card Information, etc., since the site is operated by the government.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. How Long Does It Take for Ticket To Show Up Online?
It takes 4 days to get your ticket updated to the nj online ticketing portal. You will be able to find out your ticket in the portal with Ticket Number, Court ID/Name, License Plate Number, etc.
2. What If You Can Not Find Your NJ Ticket On NJMCDirect Portal?
If you are not able to find out your parking ticket or traffic ticket even after waiting for more than 4 days, it is suggested to contact the customer support and share the details such as your license plate number, etc., to get information and confirmation about the status of the ticket there by.
3. What Happens If I Don’t Pay On Time at NJMCDirect?
There is no rule that you need to make payment online at nj ticketing portal. You can pay the bill offline by attending the court but please make sure to pay the bill on time to avoid late payment fees and extra fines.
4. How To Check All Tickets To A Vehicle in NJMC Portal?
There is nothing like profile creation to manage the past data but yes, you will be given the list of previous ticket information upon logging in with your License Plate Number.
5. How To Use Amex on NJMCDirect?
After logging in, you can use the american express credit card to make payment, it’s as same as you use any other card for the payment.
6. How To Search For A Ticket on NJMC Online Portal?
If you don’t know your ticket number, you can search for nj ticket or municipal complaint information by going through this page.
7. Why Hasn’t My Ticket Showed Up On NJMCDirect?
It is because that your ticket is not yet updated to the nj online portal. In such cases, it is suggested to wait for 4 days from the time of the ticket generation and check back later.
8. How To Pay By Mail to NJ?
There is no such facility as of now. You will have to either pay ticket online at nj portal or you need to attend court for the manual payment.
If you have any unanswered questions, you can check out the complete NJ FAQ to get clear idea about all your doubts and questions.
9. How Much is a Seat Belt Ticket in NJ?
Failure to wear seat belt fee is around $46 without including surcharges, late fee, Convenience fee and Service handling charges.
You can check out all categories of fee (traffic fine points) at this resource.
NJMCDirect portal is the convenient way of paying traffic bills and fines to NJ Courts right from home or office. The portal serves you 3 major advantages such as, 1.View ticket information 2.Pay traffic tickets 3.Pay Time Payment Orders.
We have covered everything you may need to know before making payment to your nj traffic ticket at the portal. Along with that, we have answered most of the frequently asked questions above. We request you to post your questions and doubts below for the answers.